Visualize your Strava activities in a whole new dimension with 3D AthleteDataViz creations.
What is it?
AthleteDataViz transforms your Strava stories into beautiful heat, line, and now 3D elevation maps using powerful Mapbox technology.
How do I try it out?
1. Log into www.design.athletedataviz.com
2. Sync your Strava data to ADV
3. Open the Viz Designer
4. Select "3D" from the viz type drop down on the Designer toolbar.
How can I make a great 3D viz?
3D can be great to add more information to your viz. It's especially compelling as an "elevation" reference, so you can communicate both where and what profile you conquered on your Strava activity in one visual.
To make a great 3D viz, try these tips:
1. Map Pitch - Set your Map Pitch to between 30-60 on the designer toolbar. This changes your viewport to give the 3D visuals more perspective.
2. Fill Height - Play around with the fill-height slider to fit both the largest and smallest profiles in your viz viewport.
3. Fill Color - Adjust this slider to match the 3D viz color range to the range of your data.
4. Fill Opacity - 3D can get in the way of your map. To avoid line-of-sight problems, adjust your fill-opacity to between 0.4 and 0.8 to make your viz slightly see-through.
Get started today!
Share what you create, and order prints of your designs to share or gift to the athlete in your life.